Sebastian Coe KBE, Baron Coe
The driving force behind the successful London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Chairman of the British Olympic Association.
- Record breaking champion middle distance runner with two gold and two silver Olympic medals.
- Former Conservative MP
- Topics covered include Communications, Leadership, Teamwork & Common Goals, Winning the Bid
A highly effective speaker and communicator credited with winning the Olympic Games for London at the last moment with the power of his speech.(+) Read more
- Teamwork & Common Goals
- Winning the Bid
Awards and accolades
- 2012 He was presented with the Lifetime Achievement award at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
- 2012 He was of one of 24 athletes inducted as inaugural members of the International Association of Athletics Federations Hall of Fame.
- 2012 Appointed Pro-Chancellor at Loughborough University where he is also a member of the Universitys governing body.
- 2011 He received an honorary doctorate from the University of Sunderland for his outstanding contribution to the world of athletics. He also holds honorary doctorates from Loughborough University and the University of East London.
- 2006 Appointed a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire for services to sport.
- 2005 BBC Sports Personality of the year “Special Gold Award”.
- 2000 Became a Life Peer
- 1979 Won BBC Sports Personality of the year award after setting three world records in the space of 41 days.